Driven by research, Tourism Calgary's marketing efforts are focused on boosting awareness and safe business activity for our partners.
2021 Things To Do co-op marketing campaign
Tourism Calgary's 2021 Things To Do co-op marketing campaign is back with a new program structure designed to drive consumer conversations, promote our partners' offerings and to amplify their marketing reach exponentially.
- The campaign is anchored by feature articles produced by Tourism Calgary, and partner placement within the articles is based on a tiered participation model.
- Partner investment will go directly toward media buys and paid ad distribution for their business' designated feature article. A pooled partner funding model will be used, meaning investment by all partners listed within the content piece will be combined and leveraged to exponentially increase article reach and exposure.
- Tourism Calgary will facilitate, administer and distribute the program in collaboration with our expert media and creative agency partners.
- As we continue to navigate the evolving COVID-19 situation, contingencies have been put in place to account for any unexpected distribution changes or shifts in partners' events, listings or promotions.
Things To Do co-op campaign resources
Opt-in form - 2021 Things To Do co-op marketing campaign
Presentation deck - 2021 Things To Do co-op marketing campaign
Information session recording - 2021 Things To Do co-op marketing campaign
That's the Spirit
To support our industry partners' reopening efforts and help drive customers through your door, Tourism Calgary has developed a comprehensive recovery marketing plan and associated creative platform. That's the Spirit is a creative platform for Tourism Calgary's recovery marketing plan, which features local and regional marketing initiatives that are intended to:
- Drive more business for industry partners;
- Share timely, trustworthy information about our city's offerings;
- Boost community spirit and civic pride;
- Build trust and encourage safe exploration among locals and visitors; and
- Create alignment among industry partners and stakeholders.
That's the Spirit celebrates Calgary's resiliency, community spirit and the unique experiences our city has to offer - whether these are shared in-person, virtually, or through a combination of both. We've shown the world time and again how we come together and rise above circumstances to support one another and this great city. This time is no different as Calgary businesses go above and beyond to provide their guests with safe, memorable experiences and promote consumer confidence. This perseverance truly showcases Calgary's undeniable sense of community and passion for all we have to offer - that's the spirit of Calgary.
Designed to be fluid, That's the Spirit can start and stop as needed and move to appropriate markets when the time is right. To begin, marketing efforts will focus on getting Calgarians to explore their city again and share their experiences with others. Then, the focus will shift to asking locals to invite their friends and relatives to visit Calgary. When the time is right, Tourism Calgary will begin marketing to the eight-hour drive market once again to establish Calgary as a destination of choice this summer.
Initial campaign efforts include featuring That's the Spirit messaging across on visitcalgary.com and Tourism Calgary's social channels as well as paid marketing videos and promotions.
Looking to get involved? That's the spirit! Industry partners are invited to contribute to the platform by:
- Let us know what health and safety practices your business has adopted;
- Have a 'local tip' that can help build traveller confidence and inspire safe exploration of our city? Let us know!
- Share any images or b-roll you have that showcases how you've adapted to meet safety measures. This could include assets that feature staff wearing masks, social distancing or customers enjoying a more 'exclusive' experience.
That's the Spirit marketing toolkit
Tourism Calgary is excited to partner with fellow tourism organizations to lift the That's the Spirit campaign and generate traveller visitation and spend for Calgary. Featuring key messages, photo overlays, video links, drafted social posts and more, the That's the Spirit marketing toolkit is designed to help align your marketing efforts with the campaign and help support the recovery of Calgary's tourism economy.
The #LoveYYC initiative celebrates everything that makes Calgary great. Over the last few years, the campaign has achieved success as a result of overwhelming support from Calgary's tourism and a collective eagerness to to engage Calgarians in shareable, memorable experiences. Each year, Calgarians have increasingly embraced the opportunity to experience something new and showcase their community spirit by supporting local partners and businesses.
Now a year-round campaign, this initiative is designed to educate, engage and impact Calgarians, with the intention of encouraging them to get out and support local while they explore the city they proudly call home.
#LoveYYC Red Heart
Red heart print out for use in photos.
#LoveYYC Facebook Assets
Update your Facebook cover photos with these pre-sized #LoveYYC assets.
#LoveYYC Twitter Assets
Update your Twitter header photos with these pre-sized #LoveYYC assets.
All versions of the #LoveYYC logos to use in your promotion of #LoveYYC day.
#LoveYYC Digital Signage Assets
Update your digital signage for #LoveYYC. Choose from three, pre-formatted, 1080x1920 and 1920x1080 displays.