November 24, 2020
As of November 27th, the following restrictions have been put in for a three week (Nov.27 - Dec.18) period:
- Masks are mandatory in indoor workplaces in Calgary and surrounding areas
- No indoor social gatherings in any setting
- Outdoor social gatherings are allowed, with a maximum of 10 persons
- Indoor group fitness classes and team sports will be prohibited (these restrictions do not apply to junior, college, university and professional sports)
- Amateur singing, dancing and theatre groups also will paused
- Restaurants and pubs in "enhanced status" areas must stop liquor sales by 10 p.m. and close by 11 p.m.
- Restaurants in Calgary will continue with current regulations AND added measure of in-person dining can only be done with members of one’s household
- Hotels can stay open for customers with bookings only
- Banquet halls, conference centres, concert venues and sports venues must close
- Personal services (such as hair salons) can stay open by appointment only
- Retail and customer facing businesses will be limited to 25% of fire occupancy limits
- Maximum attendance of 10 at wedding or funeral ceremonies
- All faith-based activities will have to limit attendance to one-third capacity per service with masks mandatory
We are committed to keeping this information up-to-date to help travellers make the best possible decisions.