November 18, 2020
As of October 26th, a 15-person limit has been placed on both indoor and outdoor social gatherings in Calgary. The limit does not apply to restaurants or organized social events like a wedding ceremony or funeral, but would be in place for things like wedding receptions.
As of November 13th, the following restrictions have been put in for a two week (Nov.13 - Nov.27) period:
- Indoor group fitness classes and team sports will be prohibited (these restrictions do not apply to junior, college, university and professional sports)
- Amateur singing, dancing and theatre groups also will paused
- Restaurants and pubs in "enhanced status" areas must stop liquor sales by 10 p.m. and close by 11 p.m.
- Maximum attendance of 50 at wedding or funeral ceremonies
- It is recommended all faith-based activities limit attendance to one-third capacity per service
- Residents should not hold social gatherings within their homes and should not plan social gatherings outside their community
- It is recommended employers in office settings implement measures to reduce the number of employees in the workplace at one time
We are committed to keeping this information up-to-date to help travellers make the best possible decisions.