- To the west are the Canadian Rocky Mountain parks, including Banff and Jasper National Parks. Go skiing or snowboarding at world-class resorts or take a relaxing hike to wind down after a busy conference.
- To the east is Dinosaur Provincial Park and the Canadian Badlands. Explore the hoodoos, dig for fossils, and camp in comfort and style under the Northern Lights.
- To the south, explore Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump – the best-preserved example of communal hunting techniques and the way of life of the aboriginal plains people in North America.
- South east is Alberta’s newest UNESCO World Heritage Site, Writing-On-Stone Provincial Park, home to the largest collection of First Nation rock art in North America.
- Further south, on the USA-Canada border, is Waterton Glacier International Peace Park, offering stunning scenery and unparalleled hiking opportunities.
See more things to do in and around Calgary below!