52nd Annual Calgary White Hat Awards
Amazing ambassadors wear white hats.
The 52nd Annual Calgary White Hat Awards, a one-of-a-kind event that includes a red carpet, live awards and gala reception, will take place on May 14, 2014. The Awards celebrate inspiring Calgarians in the tourism industry who go above and beyond and strive to make their guests' experience a memorable one.
Nominate Someone Today
The Calgary White Hat Awards recognize Calgary’s great ambassadors of hospitality from across the tourism industry. The Awards are a tribute to the exceptional customer service that welcomes guests to our city and guarantees they’ll keep coming back again and again.
Is there a service story that you just have to tell? Know someone who deserves a Calgary White Hat Award?
The nomination deadline for the 52nd Annual Calgary White Hat Awards is December 31, 2013.
The Honorary Calgary White Hat Awards
The Honorary Calgary White Hat Awards recognize individuals and organizations that have shown a long-term commitment to the hospitality and tourism industry and have strengthened Calgary’s reputation as a world-class city. Please see the various categories below.
Mayor's White Hat Award
This award signifies a true Calgary ambassador who has proven to be both a positive role model and a leader with an exceptional team player attitude and approach.
The Mayor's White Hat Award honours an individual who has made a significant and recognizable contribution to the tourism industry in Calgary.
This individual has created a legacy or positive recognition program or event that has enhanced or promoted Calgary either locally, nationally or internationally. With a minimum of five years related experience, this individual continues to a show a strong commitment to the industry.
Doug Johnson Service Award
Doug Johnson spent 22 years promoting tourism in Calgary and its surrounding area. Johnson ignited the city and its tourism industry after entering a Calgary float into the world-famous Pasadena Parade of Roses for the very first time. The Calgary float, the first-ever Canadian entry, captured first place in the 'cities of more than 200,000 population' category and gained non-stop publicity for the city.
The Doug Johnson Service Award honours an individual’s commitment and longevity in the tourism and hospitality industry.
This individual has served in the tourism and hospitality industry providing continuous service for a minimum of 20 years. Through holding high standards of service throughout their career, this individual continues to contribute to the enhancement of the industry.
White Hat of the Year Award: Festival/Event/Attraction
This award celebrates the best of Calgary's festivals, events or attractions and their contribution to the community, enhancing the awareness of Calgary and its reputation.
The festival, event or attraction has made a significant and recognizable contribution to the industry in Calgary as measured through financial/economic growth of the visitor industry, creation of a legacy, development of positive recognition and enhancement of the community and spirit of Calgary.
White Hat of the Year Award: Accommodation
This award celebrates the best of Calgary’s accommodations providers and their contribution to the community, enhancing the awareness of Calgary and its reputation.
The accomodation property has made a significant and recognizable contribution to the industry in Calgary as measured through financial/economic growth of the visitor industry, creation of a legacy, development of positive recognition and enhancement of the community and spirit of Calgary.
White Hat of the Year Award: Restaurant
This award honours Calgary’s best culinary experience and their contribution to the community, enhancing awareness of Calgary and its culinary reputation.
The restaurant location has participated in activities that has enhanced the community and spirit of Calgary, participated in activities within and outside of Calgary that help to raise the city’s profile as a culinary leader, participated in Media/PR familiarization tours to enhance Calgary’s reputation as a culinary destination, and has promoted their restaurant on a national or global scale, driving more visitors to Calgary.
The nomination deadline for the 52nd Annual Honorary White Hat awards is April 7, 2014.
51st Annual Calgary White Hat Awards
View photos from the exciting 51st Annual Calgary White Hat Awards, a celebration of the exceptional people that help make Calgary's tourism industry what it is today.
50th Anniversary Calgary White Hat Awards
View photos from the 50th Anniversary Calgary White Hat Awards, a celebration of tourism excellence at a milestone event.
- Chef Darren MacLean of downtownfood takes home Calgary's 2013 Vancouver Aquarium Ocean Wise Chowder Chowdown Championship
- Conservative Party National Convention
- Flood Recovery - Important Dates for Businesses
- Calgary Zoo Reopens & Zoolights is back for its 16th year
- Canadian Tourism Commission Releases August 2013 Tourism Snapshot
- Alberta’s Tourism Framework
- Tourism Calgary congratulates Calgary Gold Medal Plate Winners
- Alberta Tourism Market Monitor
- Congratulations 2013 Alto Award Winners
- Talisman Centre Now Fully Open
- Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra trick and treat customers of Double Zero
- Work Begins on Fort Calgary Expansion Thanks to Federal-Provincial Partnership
- Calgary flooded with praise at the 2013 Tourism Alberta Awards
- Village Brewery Named Calgary's Small Business of the Year
- Tourism Calgary attends Showcase Canada-Asia Marketplace
- DerTour comes to Alberta December 2-6 - Information & Participation Opportunities
- Tourism Calgary Vice-President of Marketing Announcement
- Tourism Calgary tells Calgary stories at GoMedia and Travel Classics Conference
- New Visitor Information Centre Screens
- Travel Alberta Premier Learning Opportunities
- Your Calgary Zoo is back - and Zoolights too!