Purpose of the Award:
To honour an individual who has made a significant and recognizable contribution to the tourism industry in Calgary.
The nominee for this award must:
• Have created or developed a legacy, positive recognition program, or event enhancing and/or promoting Calgary, locally, nationally or internationally
• Be a true Calgary Ambassador
• Have a minimum of five (5) years of related experience
• Have evidence of a strong commitment to the industry
• Have capabilities including proficient job skills, leadership abilities, positive role modeling, and a team player attitude and approach
• The nominee’s education and training will be considered
• Eligible candidates for the Mayor’s White Hat Award include:
- Front Line employees
• Nominee participation is required to ensure the receipt of accurate information and to make for a strong and comprehensive submission. The submission should be completed by or in consultation with the nominee.
Deadline for Submission: Wednesday, March 20, 2024, at 11:59pm
• The selection committee’s decision is based entirely on the information provided. Provide as much support material as possible (i.e. copies of staff awards and letters of support).
• Upon receipt of the submission, the submitter will receive a confirmation email.
• No further correspondence will be processed on the state of the submission.
• Tourism Calgary and the Calgary White Hat Awards Committee reserves the right to reject any submission(s) or nomination(s) at their discretion.
• All nominees and supporters are welcome to attend the Calgary White Hat Awards Gala.
• All winners will be announced at the Gala.