Rapid testing and vaccines critical to reopening economy
Calgary, May 18, 2021 – Today, theCalgary Chamber of Commerce is pleased to launch its Rapid Testing Program to help businesses keep their employees safe and stop the spread of COVID-19. The program will make rapid antigen testing kits available to Calgary businesses and is in partnership with the Alberta Chambers of Commerce and the provincial government. Tests will be available as early as next week, and businesses can register for kits starting today.
“Stopping the spread of COVID-19 and protecting the economy go hand-in-hand,” says Murray Sigler, interim CEO of the Calgary Chamber of Commerce. “That’s why we are partnering with the provincial government to provide Calgary’s business community with another tool to help fight COVID-19.”
“Vaccinations will play a major role in reopening our economy and restoring consumer confidence,” Sigler says. “If you miss dinners out, live music, and time with family and friends, get vaccinated as soon as possible. Vaccinations are how we keep each other, and our loved ones, safe and end this pandemic.”
ABOUT THE RAPID TESTING PROGRAM
- Rapid testing kits are available to incorporated businesses or entities and non-profits.
- Organizations do not require a Chamber membership to be eligible.
- To access the program, organizations can register starting May 18 by visiting www.calgarychamber.com/rapid-testing.
- Testing kits will be available as early as May 25. As soon as testing kits are available, organizations will be contacted by the Chamber for pick up.
- Testing kits are free and do not require a medical professional to administer.
- The Government of Alberta requires participating organizations to abide by program requirements, including weekly reporting of tests administered and test results.