- The BMO Centre at Stampede Park is undergoing a $500 million renovation, increasing total floor space to one million square feet, more than doubling its rentable space.
- The project includes one million square feet of meeting space, a 50,000 square foot ballroom, 80,000 square feet of breakout space, and 350,000 square feet of exhibit space.
- Construction is due to be complete by June 2024.
- Calgary has more than 15,000 guest rooms - and growing with the addition of a new 600 room hotel on Stampede Park.
- In addition to the BMO Centre expansion and a hotel development, Stampede Park will also be home to a new event and entertainment centre - also due to be completed in 2024.
These developments are a catalyst for Calgary’s new Culture and Entertainment district