Picture-perfect parks, welcoming communities, and great access to the mountains; that’s Northwest Calgary. Here are some of NW Calgary’s best things to see and do!
Your Guide to NW Calgary
Your Guide to NW Calgary
Restaurants in NW Calgary
The inner-city community of Kensington is packed with exciting restaurants to try. But the rest of Northwest Calgary is starting to catch up. Local favourites are starting to pop up in new communities like the University District. And almost every established neighbourhood has its own beloved cafe or dinner hotspot.
Here are some of NW Calgary’s best:
- Red's Diner Kensington
- Monki Breakfast Club & Bistro Greenwich
- Lazy Loaf & Kettle
- OEB Breakfast Co.
- Cadence Coffee
- The Bro'Kin Yolk Creekside
Lunch & Dinner
Hotels in NW Calgary
Being a short drive from the Rocky Mountains makes NW Calgary the perfect place to stay the night before heading out of the city for a mountain adventure. Here are some of the best places to stay in NW Calgary:
Parks, Pathways, & Greenspaces in NW Calgary
A large portion of NW Calgary is occupied by Nose Hill Park, which offers great city and mountain views, in addition to an extensive trail network. Other parks like Bowness are tucked along the Bow River and make you feel like you've entered a forest paradise.
Here are some of the best parks & greenspaces located in NW Calgary:
Attractions in NW Calgary
These NW Calgary attractions make for a fun and memorable day in the city.
- WinSport (Canada Olympic Park) - Gaining global fame during the 1988 Winter Olympics, WinSport is now a home-grown icon to visitors and locals alike. You can ski and tube in the winter and mountain bike in the summer.
- Calaway Park - As Western Canada's Largest Amusement Park, Calaway Park is one of the most exciting Calgary attractions! Experience this fun-filled, family-friendly amusement park that features 32+ rides plus treats, games, and hours of entertainment for all ages.
- Shane Homes YMCA at Rocky Ridge - An architectural sight to see, this 284,000 square foot recreational facility features a world-class fitness centre, triple gymnasium, waterpark, theatre, and library
- LaunchPad Golf: Mickelson National - With innovative technology, a lively atmosphere, and delicious food and drink options, LaunchPad offers an unforgettable golfing experience with friends or family, no matter your skill level.
- The Plaza Theatre - Calgary’s oldest independent movie theatre is still in operation; The Plaza Theatre is an iconic landmark that offers much more than a boutique movie going experience. Check out their themed cafe, old school food truck, and cozy cocktail bar (perfect for dates).
- Trapped Escape Room Calgary - At 7,600 square feet and six different rooms, Trapped is Calgary’s largest escape room facility.