- Calgary Central Library - named in the New York Times “52 Places to Go in 2019” list, Calgary’s new Central Library is an architectural marvel and worth exploring.
- Head up 191 meters above the downtown core at the Calgary Tower for the best view in the city. On the observation deck, experience a spectacular 360-degree view of the bustling city and the majestic Rocky Mountains. Stand on the glass floor for a birds-eye view of the city streets below.
- Explore the sights, sounds and stories of music in Canada at Studio Bell, Canada’s National Music Centre.
- For a change of pace, experience how the west was once at Heritage Park Historical Village, Canada’s largest living history museum.
- Calgary Stampede, first hosted in 1912, welcomed over 1.2 million people in 2019. For ten days each July, Calgary welcomes visitors from all over the world to experience “The Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth”.
- Spruce Meadows Equestrian Facility is one of the leading venues in the world for international horse sports. Each tournament season there is more than $6 million in prize money to be won!
Calgary Bucket List
Calgary Bucket List
The Ultimate Calgary Itinerary
You’ve got a few days in Calgary - we’ve got unlimited options! Here are the top things to check off your bucket list in and around Calgary:
Relax & Rejuvenate
- The Bow River has been rated the third best spot for trout fishing in the world! If fishing isn’t your thing, rent a raft and float down the river through downtown Calgary - the perfect way to relax while sightseeing.
- Kananaskis Nordic Spa, the first of its kind in Alberta, has everything you need to wind down after a busy conference. Enjoy the heated hammocks, hot and cold pools, saunas, steam cabin, massage services and a delicious restaurant, with stunning mountain views as your backdrop.
- Aspiring golf pros won’t want to miss a round at the Kananaskis Country Golf Course - one of the most stunning public golf courses in the world. Sitting just 45 minutes outside of Calgary, this course has 36 holes with six of the tee boxes framed by glacier-fed creeks and ponds.
- Surfing in land-locked Calgary? Absolutely! River surfing on the Bow River downtown is Calgary’s hottest new sport.
- WinSport’s Canada Olympic Park offers unique adrenaline-filled activities. Get big air as you soar from the top of the ski jump tower on North America’s fastest zipline.
- Banff National Park, just over an hour’s drive from Calgary, is Canada’s oldest and most visited national park - and for good reason! It’s home to Moraine Lake (that incredible lake you see on all our postcards) and Lake Louise (the other postcard-worthy lake). Banff National Park provides endless opportunities and breathtaking scenery - ride on a dogsled, cross-country or downhill ski and snowboard, take a gondola up to the top of the mountains, go hiking, rafting or horse-back riding, and top it all off with afternoon tea at the iconic Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise.
- Dinosaur buffs must visit Dinosaur Provincial Park. Join an interpretive tour and see what the paleontologists are still digging up in one of the world’s richest fossil deposits.
Food & Drink
- Calgary is fortunate to be surrounded by the best barley growers in the world, helping to fuel the booming craft beer scene. Hop on a Pedal Pub Tour to visit a few of the 32+ breweries via a 15-passenger bike.
- Calgarians love a well-crafted cocktail paired with some flair and mystery. Visit one of Calgary’s speakeasies such as Betty Lou’s Library or Shelter.
- Get ready for some world-class dining. Calgary restaurants are at the top of many Canadian eating guides, but we wanted to share our team’s top restaurant picks:
- Sandra (who works from our Toronto office) can't come to Calgary without visiting: Ten Foot Henry
- Blair's favourite dine-in spot: Major Tom
- Charleen loves this Calgary institution: Spolumbo's
- Carson's top Calgary restaurant pick: Rea’s Italian Restaurant
- Dana can't get enough of: Deane House in Calgary's historic Inglewood neighbourhood
- Mary Frances loves: Cleaver on Calgary's Red Mile, 17th Avenue
- David's favourite spot, any day of the week: Palomino Smokehouse
Calgary wants to connect with you!
A team that helps bring your vision to life – get in touch with Team Calgary.