As the primary advocate for Calgary’s tourism industry, Tourism Calgary evaluates opportunities that relate to the visitor economy through the lens of what’s needed to make Calgary the ultimate host city. Guided by Calgary’s Destination Strategy, Tourism Calgary may advocate for initiatives, infrastructure, processes, events, festivals and experiences that:
- Elevate Calgary’s reputation as the ultimate host city;
- Enhance Calgary’s hosting infrastructure;
- Lead to the attraction or development of events throughout the year;
- Attract or enhance premier cultural experiences;
- Support Calgary’s existing anchor experiences; and/or
- Enhance the emotional connection to Calgary’s brand.
To achieve success as defined by its stakeholder community and ensure that Calgary continues to evolve as a great place to live – and to visit – Tourism Calgary has taken the following advocacy positions: