Bring your binoculars to the Inglewood Bird Sanctuary and keep your eyes peeled for fanciful sounding birds like the Mourning Warbler, the Western-Wood Pewee and – if you're lucky – the Hairy Woodpecker.
This 36-hectare wildlife reserve is visited by more than 270 species of birds, 21 species of mammals (including deer), 2 amphibians, 2 reptiles, 7 species of fish and 27 species of butterflies.
A Nature Centre with an exhibit hall is a good educational resource for families and wildlife lovers, and records recent sightings in the area.
The sanctuary is a short drive (5 km) east of downtown on the Bow River. It offers two kilometres of trails through open grasslands and forests. Trails are open from dawn to dusk every day of the year.
What's Nearby?view more
Captured by Visitorsview more
- 1 hr viewing time
- 100% Non-smoking
- Coach parking
- Custom tours
- Debit Card/Interac
- Family friendly
- Group booking
- Guided tours
- Limited wheelchair access
- Organic produce
- Video equipped
|sq ft||sq m||ft||m||ft||m||Theatre||Banquet||Clssrm||Recpt|
|Colonol Walker House Classroom||457||42.46||26||7.92||17||5.18||35||35|
Hours & Admission
- Summer hours: May 1 to Sept. 30
- Monday to Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Closed statutory holidays. Winter hours: October 1 to April 30
- Tuesday to Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday, noon to 4 p.m. Closed Sunday/Monday and statutory holidays. Trails open daily, sunrise to sunset.