Lake Minnewanka, which is just a few minutes' drive away from Banff, looks pretty beautiful from the shore. But there's something pretty spectacular about soaking up the scenery from way out on the water, while someone gives you a heads up about the history and culture of the area.
Banff Lake Cruise offers hour-long interpretive boat cruises, where guides fill you in on the folklore of the area's First Nations people and the explorers who mapped the area. Keep your eyes peeled for wildlife, including bald eagles, elk and deer (or, hey, maybe the famous Minnewanka Squirrel!).
If fishing's your thing, sign up for a guided trip, and have an experienced guide show you all the best spots. Rather head out on your own? You'll find boat rentals here, too.
When you come in from the water, stop in at the snack bar for a bite to eat, or relax at the picnic area nearby. You'll also find plenty of opportunities to hike on the trails that circle the lake.
What's Nearby?view more
Captured by Visitorsview more
- 100% Non-smoking
- 15 minimum group
- Coach parking
- Debit Card/Interac
- Family friendly
- Group booking
- Group rates
- Guided tours
- Smoking area(s)
- Wheelchair access
- American Bus Association
- Association of Canadian Travel Agents
- American Society of Travel Agents
- Chamber of Commerce
- Canadian Inbound Tourism Association Asia-Pacific
- Motor Coach Canada
- Meeting Professionals International
- National Tour Association
- Team Canada Tourism
- Tourism Industry Association of Canada
- United States Tour Operators Association
Hours & Admission
- May 8 to Sept. 13, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sept. 14 to Oct. 11, 12 to 5 p.m. Departures every hour on the hour, weather dependant.