Step into a fully enclosed, four-passenger gondola cabin and let yourself be whisked to the top of Sulphur Mountain, where unforgettable views of the Canadian Rockies await.
The Banff Gondola is your ticket to one of the best vantage points in the Canadian Rockies. Lasting eight minutes, the gondola ride takes you 698 metres to the Summit Upper Terminal, which sits at an elevation of 2,281 metres.
Upon your arrival at the summit, you’ll find a variety of view decks and observation points, providing panoramic views of six mountain ranges. The terminal also boasts two licensed restaurants, a gift shop and an interactive giant compass.
Leading out of the terminal, hiking trails and the Banff Skywalk an interpretive boardwalk reveal the natural beauty and fascinating history of the area. Walk along the summit ridge to the Cosmic Ray Station National Historic Site of Canada, and the historic Sanson’s Peak Meteorological Station.
The Banff Gondola is located at the base of Sulphur Mountain in the town of Banff, AB, 130 km west of Calgary.
What's Nearby?view more
Captured by Visitorsview more
- 1 hr viewing time
- 15 minimum group
- Coach parking
- Debit Card/Interac
- Energy conservation
- Family friendly
- Group booking
- Group rates
- Guided tours
- Smoking area(s)
- Water conservation
- Wheelchair access
- American Bus Association
- Association of Canadian Travel Agents
- American Society of Travel Agents
- Chamber of Commerce
- Canadian Inbound Tourism Association Asia-Pacific
- Motor Coach Canada
- Meeting Professionals International
- National Tour Association
- Team Canada Tourism
- Tourism Industry Association of Canada
- United States Tour Operators Association
Hours & Admission
- Jan. 1 to May 1, Closed. May 1 to May 20, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- May 21 to June 30, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- July 1 to Sept. 5, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sept. 6 to Oct. 10, to 7 p.m.
- Oct. 11 to Dec. 31, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.