Memorable Moments at the 2013 Calgary International Film Festival
by Mr. Fab
Last night marked the end of the 2013 Calgary International Film Festival. Over 200 films were screened with many of their cast & crew in attendance.
From the vast array of films to the amazing parties, it seemed that the whole city was in attendance, and there was definitely something for everyone!
The 11-day festival allowed patrons to customize their own experience with a variety of ticket packages and passes, so whether you were looking to spend a few hours of a few days in front of the screen, the choice was yours!
With so much to see, do and experience this year, I’ve decided to share a few of my favourite moments that made CIFF2013 memorable for me!
1. Showing up last minute and sneaking in with my comfy pants on.
2. Taking in all of the world & Canadian premieres; no worry of spoilers!
3. Post Q&A with the producers, directors and casts; I’m full of opinions and comments!
4. Saving my ‘free refill’ popcorn bag for your next flick… the next day.
5. Using my EXP pass to get first access into the theatre to snag the best seats in the house.
6. Figs, Fiji and Films on a Friday. Only snacking on treats with the first letter of the day.
7. Turning a ‘snoozer’ into a well-deserved snooze.
8. Being fed by a celebrity ‘Top Chef’ at one of the many after parties!
9. Walking the Red, Green and Black Carpet with friends!
10. With no preview, learning the valuable lesson of being on time!
Once again the Calgary International Film Fest had something for everyone!
And due to the hard work and dedication of the countless volunteers and committee members, this was a year we’ll never forget!
Thanks for making Calgary shine bright!
For Ryan Massel aka Mr.Fab, the personality behind the award-winning blog immrfabulous.com, the idea was simple: Live a fabulous life attending lavish parties and events all while sharing the unique experiences with his readers.
"Some people aspire to be Doctors & Lawyers, Mothers & Fathers. I find joy living in the moment, sipping champagne and sharing happiness with everyone I meet!"
He believes that no matter who you are, where you're from or what you have, we all deserve a moment to feel fabulous!
He's just returned from NYC, where he attended a number of prestigious runway shows and coveted events during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.
Now back in beautiful Calgary, the city he loves to call home, he'll help plan your guide to experience all the best events Calgary has to offer!