Tourism Calgary News
Sharing Tourism Calgary research, job postings, news releases, report releases and much more as soon as they are available for release.
Tourism Calgary was presented with the Canadian Tourism Awards’ Marketing Campaign of the Year Award for the “Calgary, Our Doors are Open” campaign at the Tourism Industry Association of Canada (TIAC) gala ceremony held on December 3 at the Fairmont Château Laurier in Ottawa.
Tourism Calgary was presented with the Marketing Excellence Award for the “Calgary, Our Doors are Open” campaign at the 2013 Alberta Tourism Awards.
Tourism Calgary is a major sponsor for this event and will be hosting pre & post fam tours, city tours on Dec 2 & Dec 6 and the main Welcome Event on Dec 2 & Dec 6. Contact Rhonda at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to participate.
Owing to a strong market presence in Asia, the Canadian Tourism Commission (CTC) hosted Showcase Canada -Asia in Hangzhou, China on Oct. 14-18, 2013.
Tourism Calgary is announcing the resignation of Gisele Danis from her position as vice-president of marketing and communications.
In co-operation with visitors services, new digital message screens were deployed to enhance communication and extend our voice to guests on the ground.
Tourism Calgary attended two travel media marketplaces to engage and pitch story ideas to various travel media journalists, editors and bloggers.
Tourism Calgary and some of our close partners have been selected as finalists for The Canadian Tourism Awards presented by the Tourism Industry Association of Canada (TIAC) as well as the Alberta Tourism Awards (ALTO) presented by Travel Alberta.
Tourism Calgary launched a brand hashtag on social media to show the world all the memorable experiences our city has to offer. Join in on the conversation!
In the five short months since I’ve joined the Tourism Calgary team we’ve been confronted with flooding and funding issues. It has never been more important to be good at what we do.
- Chef Darren MacLean of downtownfood takes home Calgary's 2013 Vancouver Aquarium Ocean Wise Chowder Chowdown Championship
- Conservative Party National Convention
- Flood Recovery - Important Dates for Businesses
- Calgary Zoo Reopens & Zoolights is back for its 16th year
- Canadian Tourism Commission Releases August 2013 Tourism Snapshot
- Alberta’s Tourism Framework
- Tourism Calgary congratulates Calgary Gold Medal Plate Winners
- Alberta Tourism Market Monitor
- Congratulations 2013 Alto Award Winners
- Talisman Centre Now Fully Open
- Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra trick and treat customers of Double Zero
- Work Begins on Fort Calgary Expansion Thanks to Federal-Provincial Partnership
- Calgary flooded with praise at the 2013 Tourism Alberta Awards
- Village Brewery Named Calgary's Small Business of the Year
- Tourism Calgary attends Showcase Canada-Asia Marketplace
- DerTour comes to Alberta December 2-6 - Information & Participation Opportunities
- Tourism Calgary Vice-President of Marketing Announcement
- Tourism Calgary tells Calgary stories at GoMedia and Travel Classics Conference
- New Visitor Information Centre Screens
- Travel Alberta Premier Learning Opportunities
- Your Calgary Zoo is back - and Zoolights too!