Sport And Cultural Events
News and information about upcoming Tourism Calgary supported sport and cultural events.
Over 400 athletes to compete in qualifying competition
Judo Canada is pleased to announce that the city of Calgary, Alberta has been selected from a process in which over 10 cities were involved to be host to the 2016-18 National Judo Championships.
Calgary to host World League volleyball match during 2015 Canadian Open Championship. 10,000 volleyball players from grassroots to national level to converge in Calgary on May 2015 for the Canadian Open Championship.
Hosts announced for Badminton Canada 2015 and 2016 Canadian Open Grand Prix, 2016 Canadian Senior National Championships and 2016 Canadian Masters Championships
Presented by Calgary Sport Tourism Authority (CSTA) on Sept. 10, the award recognizes exemplary leadership and contribution to the attraction and delivery of a national or international sport event in Calgary.
Skate Canada announced today that Calgary, Alberta will host the 2015 Skate Canada Adult Figure Skating Championships. The competition will take place at the WinSport Canada Athletic and Ice Complex, located at Canada Olympic Park, from April 3-5, 2015.
Calgary Alberta to Host 2015 UANA Pan Am Synchronized Swimming Championships
The Mayor’s Breakfast for Sport will take place on September 10, 2014 at the Calgary TELUS Convention Centre.
Water Polo Canada is pleased to announce the hosts of the National Championship events which will respectively crown the 2015 and 2016 water polo National League seasons.
- Announcement: Tourism Calgary Names CEO
- Judo Canada Selects Calgary for National Championships 2016-18
- Calgary to host World League volleyball match during 2015 Canadian Open Championship
- Tourism Report Projects Significant Labour Shortages and Recommends Corrective Actions
- GM Announcement
- Canada Ranked as #1 Country to Visit
- Calgary Sport Tourism Authority Award Winner Announcement
- Calgary names as host of the 2015 Skate Canada Adult Figure Skating Champiionships