News from Travel Alberta, the Canadian Tourism Commission and a cross-section of stories, research and accolades from across our growing Calgary tourism industry.
Calgary has traditionally been known as for two things: as a gateway to the mountains and for the Calgary Stampede. Both are great assets, but they no longer tell the full story.
The Canadian Tourism Commission (CTC) has rolled out its spring campaigns in Germany, the UK and Australia (France will follow in February). The campaigns target the top two Explorer Quotient® groups in each market.
The New York Times, The Guardian and Vacay.ca recognize Calgary as one of the best places to visit in the world and Canada for 2014.
Jon Mamela steps into the breach as chief marketing officer, while Rupert Peters assumes role of interim vice-president, International.
Opportunity knocks for the Canadian travel industry via Chinese cruise travel, youth on the move and the collaborative economy.
The Canadian Tourism Commission (CTC) recently released the October 2013 Tourism Snapshot, a Market Research product prepared for the tourism industry.
The Canadian Curling Association recently awarded Alberta with three Season of Champions events for the 2014-2015 season.
Hampton Hotels, Hilton Worldwide’s global brand of more than 1,900 mid-priced Hampton Inn, Hampton Inn & Suites, and Hampton by Hilton hotels, today announced the official opening of its newest property, the 135-room Hampton Inn – Calgary-Airport North.
- Calgary To Host The 2016 JUNO Awards
- Announcement: Tourism Calgary Names CEO
- Judo Canada Selects Calgary for National Championships 2016-18
- Calgary to host World League volleyball match during 2015 Canadian Open Championship
- Tourism Report Projects Significant Labour Shortages and Recommends Corrective Actions
- GM Announcement
- Canada Ranked as #1 Country to Visit
- Calgary Sport Tourism Authority Award Winner Announcement
- Calgary names as host of the 2015 Skate Canada Adult Figure Skating Champiionships