News from Travel Alberta, the Canadian Tourism Commission and a cross-section of stories, research and accolades from across our growing Calgary tourism industry.
Albertans who achieved excellence in visitor service were recognized with Ammy Awards in Grande Prairie on September 16.
Travel Alberta was recently presented with two Gold Magellan Awards in the destinations promotional video category and in the adventure destination category.
American Bus Association names The Canadian Badlands Passion Play as one of North America’s 100 Best events for 2014
The American Bus Association (ABA) announced today that the Canadian Badlands Passion Play held each July in Drumheller, Alberta has been designated as one of the Top 100 Events in North America for 2014 by an experienced expert tourism industry selection committee.
Keep a tab on Alberta's tourism industry with monthly updates on key indicator data.
The Canadian Tourism Commission has just released the June 2013 Tourism Snapshot, a Market Research product, prepared for the tourism industry.
On September 9th, the Canadian Country Music Awards (CCMA) Industry Awards honoured the Calgary Stampede with the Country Festival, Fair or Exhibition of the Year award for the third consecutive year.
World Golf Hall of Fame member, Nick Price, along with fellow South African, David Frost, and American, Jeff Sluman, will provide more firepower to an already stellar field...
Tournament talent and flood victim support announced by PGA Champions Tour Shaw Charity Classic
Five Pro Team Squads Headline Initial List of Teams for Inaugural Year of Tour of Alberta
- Chef Darren MacLean of downtownfood takes home Calgary's 2013 Vancouver Aquarium Ocean Wise Chowder Chowdown Championship
- Conservative Party National Convention
- Flood Recovery - Important Dates for Businesses
- Calgary Zoo Reopens & Zoolights is back for its 16th year
- Canadian Tourism Commission Releases August 2013 Tourism Snapshot
- Alberta’s Tourism Framework
- Tourism Calgary congratulates Calgary Gold Medal Plate Winners
- Alberta Tourism Market Monitor
- Congratulations 2013 Alto Award Winners
- Talisman Centre Now Fully Open
- Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra trick and treat customers of Double Zero
- Work Begins on Fort Calgary Expansion Thanks to Federal-Provincial Partnership
- Calgary flooded with praise at the 2013 Tourism Alberta Awards
- Village Brewery Named Calgary's Small Business of the Year
- Tourism Calgary attends Showcase Canada-Asia Marketplace
- DerTour comes to Alberta December 2-6 - Information & Participation Opportunities
- Tourism Calgary Vice-President of Marketing Announcement
- Tourism Calgary tells Calgary stories at GoMedia and Travel Classics Conference
- New Visitor Information Centre Screens
- Travel Alberta Premier Learning Opportunities
- Your Calgary Zoo is back - and Zoolights too!