News from Travel Alberta, the Canadian Tourism Commission and a cross-section of stories, research and accolades from across our growing Calgary tourism industry.
Officials from all levels of government attended a sod turning ceremony at Fort Calgary today to witness the start of a project that will renew and revitalize the birthplace and symbolic heart of Calgary.
Village Brewery was named as the city's Small Business of the Year by the Calgary Chamber of Commerce.
Calgary, AB – Zoo officials are delighted to announce today that the Calgary Zoo will reopen completely on Thursday, November 28, 2013.
Travel Alberta offers many educational seminars, workshops and conferences, along with coaching and consulting services throughout the year.
David Goldstein, President and CEO of the Tourism Industry Association of Canada (TIAC) responded to the government's intention to "promote Canada as a top destination for tourism," as stated in today's Speech from the Throne.
Tourism Calgary worked closely with acclaimed Canadian designer Paul Hardy and event producer Derek MacDonald of Boom Goes the Drum to showcase Calgary as a growing fashion destination.
Calgary beer maker, Big Rock Brewery, expands into the British Columbia beer market and chooses B.C. as a location for its new facility.
Tourism is a massive market with great growth potential. In 2011 and 2012 Calgary led a province that led the nation in terms of visitation and visitor spending growth. To capitalize on potential and build on momentum, key trends are monitored and used to shape strategic direction.
Keep a tab on Alberta's tourism industry with monthly updates on key indicator data.
The Canadian Tourism Commission has just released the July 2013 Tourism Snapshot, a Market Research product, prepared for the tourism industry.
- New Hampton Inn by Hilton Hotel Opens in Calgary
- DerTour Academy in Calgary
- Tourism Calgary attends Canada's West Marketplace
- Alberta Tourism Market Monitor
- Big night for Calgary at 2013 Canadian Tourism Awards
- Cavalia Presents Its Latest Creation Odysseo to Calgary in 2014
- Spruce Meadows Recognized as #1 by TripAdvisor
- Sierra West's Frontier Cattle Drive Awarded - "Canadian Signature Experience"
- Relais & Château x announces its newest Canadian property to become a member of the world’s finest hotel fellowship
- Canadian Tourism Commission adds four Alberta operators to the Canadian Signature Experiences Collection
- New CrossIron Mills Express Shuttle Service for Downtown and Northeast Calgary
- Chef Darren MacLean of downtownfood takes home Calgary's 2013 Vancouver Aquarium Ocean Wise Chowder Chowdown Championship
- Conservative Party National Convention
- Flood Recovery - Important Dates for Businesses
- Calgary Zoo Reopens & Zoolights is back for its 16th year
- Canadian Tourism Commission Releases August 2013 Tourism Snapshot
- Alberta’s Tourism Framework