News from Travel Alberta, the Canadian Tourism Commission and a cross-section of stories, research and accolades from across our growing Calgary tourism industry.
Canada experienced increasing numbers of international travellers, according to the August 2013 Tourism Snapshot from the Canadian Tourism Commission (CTC).
A new plan is in place to grow Alberta’s tourism industry from a $7.8 billion to $10.3 billion industry by 2020.
On Saturday, November 2nd, Calgarians experienced the ultimate celebration of Canadian excellence in food, wine, athletic achievement and entertainment.
Keep a tab on Alberta's tourism industry with monthly updates on key indicator data.
On October 28th, the 2013 Alberta Tourism Awards, known as the "Altos," were presented at the Alto Awards Gala showcasing excellence in tourism.
After ten million dollars in flood repairs and the replacement of damaged equipment, all areas of Talisman Centre are now open again.
Tourism Calgary and the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra brought the flavour of Italy to patrons of Double Zero on Friday, October 25.
Officials from all levels of government attended a sod turning ceremony at Fort Calgary today to witness the start of a project that will renew and revitalize the birthplace and symbolic heart of Calgary.
Village Brewery was named as the city's Small Business of the Year by the Calgary Chamber of Commerce.
- Chef Darren MacLean of downtownfood takes home Calgary's 2013 Vancouver Aquarium Ocean Wise Chowder Chowdown Championship
- Conservative Party National Convention
- Flood Recovery - Important Dates for Businesses
- Calgary Zoo Reopens & Zoolights is back for its 16th year
- Canadian Tourism Commission Releases August 2013 Tourism Snapshot
- Alberta’s Tourism Framework
- Tourism Calgary congratulates Calgary Gold Medal Plate Winners
- Alberta Tourism Market Monitor
- Congratulations 2013 Alto Award Winners
- Talisman Centre Now Fully Open
- Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra trick and treat customers of Double Zero
- Work Begins on Fort Calgary Expansion Thanks to Federal-Provincial Partnership
- Calgary flooded with praise at the 2013 Tourism Alberta Awards
- Village Brewery Named Calgary's Small Business of the Year
- Tourism Calgary attends Showcase Canada-Asia Marketplace
- DerTour comes to Alberta December 2-6 - Information & Participation Opportunities
- Tourism Calgary Vice-President of Marketing Announcement
- Tourism Calgary tells Calgary stories at GoMedia and Travel Classics Conference
- New Visitor Information Centre Screens
- Travel Alberta Premier Learning Opportunities
- Your Calgary Zoo is back - and Zoolights too!