Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get the most value from my partnership?
We connect businesses to new customers, support and expand your marketing reach and provide resources to help your business grow and improve your bottom line.
Click here for more details
How do I receive a Confidential Convention & Events Listing (CCL)?
The listing is emailed out to each partner on a quarterly basis. It contains an up-to-date listing of dates, locations, expected attendance and information for upcoming conventions, meetings, sport and major events, trade shows and consumer shows. If you have not received the CCL or would like a copy please contact Candace Hendrickson.
How do I upload a photo onto my website listing?
Photos can be uploaded via our Member Toolkit. You can upload 3 to 5 photos onto your website listing. Some general guidelines for images:
Minimum 540 x 351 pixels
No posters, flyers or magazine covers, no logos embedded in images
Can I upload more than 1 photo at a time?
YES! Our Member Toolkit allows you to upload all photos at one time.
Can I have video content on my listing?
Yes you can. If your video content has already been uploaded onto YouTube simply send the link to Candace Hendrickson.
How often can I change my photos or description?
As often as you like. You are able to submit a new description or different photo’s at any time.
How long will it take for changes to my profile to be up live?
It may take up to 5 business days for changes to appear in your listing. Please keep an eye on your profile, if you do not see changes after 5 business days please email Candace Hendrickson .
Why do I have different business descriptions?
One is for your listing in our annual publication. It is brief, factual and a maximum of 30 words. The other is for your website listing on visitcalgary.com. It can be expanded with words that are more descriptive and engaging than in the publication.
How can I post an event on the Calgary Event Calendar?
On the left hand side of the page there is a Submit an Event link that you can use to upload your event as well as images for the event. Make sure to post your event well in advance to increase exposure. It may take up to 5 business days for your event to be live on the website.
Can I post a package on the website?
Those interested in having e-commerce product on visitcalgary.com can contact Sarah Prud'homme for details and online opportunities.
Who do I send brochures to and how many should I send?
Brochures can be sent to Tourism Calgary’s office attention Sherri DiVincentis. Ideally you should send 300-500 brochures to adequately stock our Visitor Information Centres. When each centre runs out of your brochures they will be in contact for more.
Deliver during office hours Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Our address is: 200, 238 – 11 Ave. S.E., Calgary, AB T2G 0X8
How do I learn about my partnership benefits?
We connect partners to customers, increase market exposure and provide resources to help grow your business and improve your bottom line.
We also host a Partner Orientation session four times throughout the year at the Tourism Calgary office. To find out when the next orientation session is or to register please contact Candace Hendrickson.
It is an excellent way to meet fellow industry partners, network, meet other Tourism Calgary staff and learn about Tourism Calgary and how to take full advantage of your partnership.
How do I learn more about Tourism Calgary advertising opportunities?
- For information about opportunities in our marketing campaigns contact Sarah Prud'Homme.
- For advertising opportunities on visitcalgary.com contact Sarah Prud'Homme.
- For information about advertising in the Destination Planning Supplement or Visitor Guide contact Sonja Dasiuk.
How can I get in front of Tourism Calgary staff to talk about my business or have them visit my property?
To arrange for a staff familiarization tour of your business or to make a presentation to our staff contact Sonja Dasiuk. Presentations and tours will be booked on first come first serve and based on availability of the staff.
Who do I speak to about sponsorship opportunities?
To inquire about sponsorship opportunities please contact Shelley Zucht-Shorter.
- 10 reasons to be excited about tourism in Calgary in 2014
- New CTC campaigns in Europe and Australia boost awareness via inspirational video and images
- Calgary shortlisted for the SportBusiness Ultimate Sports City Awards for the first time
- Calgary ranking high globally as a place to visit in 2014
- New faces and new roles in CTC’s senior management
- Three travel trends to watch in 2014
- Alberta Tourism Market Monitor
- Canadian Tourism Commission Releases October 2013 Tourism Snapshot
- Alberta Awarded Canadian Curling's First Triple Crown
- New Hampton Inn by Hilton Hotel Opens in Calgary
- DerTour Academy in Calgary
- Tourism Calgary attends Canada's West Marketplace
- Alberta Tourism Market Monitor
- Big night for Calgary at 2013 Canadian Tourism Awards
- Cavalia Presents Its Latest Creation Odysseo to Calgary in 2014
- Spruce Meadows Recognized as #1 by TripAdvisor
- Sierra West's Frontier Cattle Drive Awarded - "Canadian Signature Experience"
- Relais & Château x announces its newest Canadian property to become a member of the world’s finest hotel fellowship