You never forget your first Stampede
The Calgary Stampede defines Calgary’s character. Western hospitality shines like the plate-sized belt buckles our fair citizens wear for ten days in July. Don your cowboy duds and mosey on down to the Stampede Grounds.
Looking for thrills?
- Midway Rides for whatever your thrill
- Freestyle Extreme Motocross with daring high flying riders
- Cowboy Up Challenge is a multi-faceted equestrian event
- Rodeo with six major events daily in the afternoon
- Chuckwagon Races, the roar of the wagons nightly
- Coca Cola stage, daily with world class acts
- Saddledome concerts with headlining performers
Looking for a great day out for the family?
- BMO Kids Zone with the Calgary Circus School
- Midway Rides, whatever your heart and stomach can stand
- Young Canadians Grandstand Show including fireworks
- Draft Horse Town, meet the horses behind the history
- Stampede Market, something for everyone
- Rope Square pancake breakfast daily
- International Youth Livestock Show with over 250 competitors
Want to get to know the history of our city and the Rodeo culture a little better?
- Rodeo, the skills of the cowboy
- Chuckwagon Races, the history of the chucks
- Agrium Barn Tours to learn about the livestock and grain industries
- Western Oasis, selected wine and food pairings daily, a place to relax
- Indian Village, experience the plains First Nations culture